blocking button hilite

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sat Jul 23 09:19:42 EDT 2005

Is there a way to prevent a button from being hilited when clicked? I
want to put hilite under script control, but the toggling of hilite
happens before the mouseUp handler is entered.

Also, more or less the same question about the "visited" property. I
can set it false for all buttons in an openCard handler -- but as
soon as one is clicked, before its mouseUp handler is called, the
button's "visited" is already set to true.

So how can I tell within a button's mouseUp handler whether it's been
clicked before? (If it has been, I want to prevent the hilite from
toggling back and forth, and also prevent a "tasks to do" counter
from being decremented.)

Hope the question makes sense.

Charles Hartman