XML questions

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jul 22 00:48:13 EDT 2005

All-

I started playing around with the revXML functions today instead of
just rolling my own as usual, and a few questions came up:

1. There seem to be many functions for reading and parsing XML files
into the proper format and they seem to work fine after enough
fiddling with them, but very few functions for writing data. There
still needs to be a fair amount of packaging data for the addElement
and addAttribute functions. There doesn't seem to be any support for
CDATA tags unless I'm missing something. Is there something I missed?
Do I still need to encapsulate this in my own CDATA tags?

2. What in the world is revXMLAddDTD for? I know what a DTD is and I
can validate my xml tree against a DTD, but why would I want to add a
DTD to an existing XML tree?

3. I take it there's no support for xml schemas here, just DTDs.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net