NPR puzzle

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jul 21 22:45:24 EDT 2005

Jim-

>>And even though "alliterate" is among the answers, there are no
>>two-letter symbols that use the same letter twice.

JH> Mark,

JH> The *successive* pairs for "alliterate " are al-li-te-ra-te.

I guess I should learn to be more explict about jokes. If the pairs
are alliterative, I would expect to find "AA" and "RR" among the
element symbols. I'll stare at my chart some more, but I don't think
there are any., even though you included "LA" twice.

Next item:

A helicopter comes out as a Helium-Lithium-Cobalt-Platinum-Erbium
molecule. You're going to have a hard time keeping that together at
room temperature, especially trying to bind the helium atom. I'd
venture to guess that helicopters are impractical and will never fly.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net