PC/x-platform development (was Re: embed/install font)

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jul 21 11:50:38 EDT 2005

On 7/21/05 10:44 AM, "Brad Borch" <brad at activadesign.com> wrote:

>> Yes - just build a Windows standalone from the Mac version of Rev Studio and
>> test it under Windows.
>
> I know I can build an executable. What I was thinking was an executable
> that worked something like the message window, where I could write in
> commands and the stack would execute it, using the "do" command.
> Otherwise, how can I try the solution Trevor DeVore suggested:

Oh, sorry... the answer is yes - you can just make a field in a stack and
then click a button that says:

  do (the text of field 1)

You should be able to set up a multiline field that way

>> create stack "MyStack"
>> set the destroyWindow of stack "MyStack" to true
>> set the externals of stack "MyStack" to "EnhancedWin.dll"
>> close stack "MyStack"
>> go stack "MyStack"
>> put the externalPackages of stack "MyStack"
>
> I can't do that outside the development platform, can I?

Sure you can... the only thing you can't do outside the development platform
is to set the script of an object to something more than 10 lines in length.
Everything else (stack/object creation, etc.) is fair game...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com