Project Registry (was Ransomware)

John Ridge ridge11103 at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 20 16:03:30 EDT 2005

Just to say that I find this thread really intriguing.

I am absolutely not a developer - but I love the sense of freedom that I
originally got from HyperCard, and now even more from Revolution. An awful
lot of that is thanks to you developers who contribute so much via this list
and other means - for me, Revolution would not be usable without you. I want
to put something back in exchange. Possibilities -

1. I could commission software, selfishly, for myself. Hmm... What do I need
that is that big? And anyway it sounds as if you guys are not exactly short
of projects...

2. I'm glad to see that there is a market for gadgets that enhance Rev -
that looks much better, in that I am able to (a) pay for things I value that
don't distract the RunRev team from work that only they can do, on
Transcript and the engine and (b) encourage smart people to develop similar
enhancements. Eric, I know you (and others) do this admirably and abundantly
for free - how many "donations" do you get? So help me to stop feeling
guilty! Hence

3. The current proposal (in one of its many forms) is surely what I want - I
have a chance to suggest or vote for tools or whatever that I would like (so
a bit of 1.), but while I don't bear the full cost (a virtue of 2.) my
contribution is not an optional extra...

Sounds good to me. Or have I missed something?

Best wishes
John