NPR puzzle

Glenn E. Fisher gefisher at mac.com
Wed Jul 20 15:52:50 EDT 2005

Jim,

Here is my submission that ran in 70 milliseconds on my 5 1/2 year old
G4 450 MHz tower:

   set cursor to watch
   put the milliseconds into t
   put fld "ChemSymbols" into c
   put fld "dictionary" into d
   repeat for each line L in d
     if c contains char 1 to 2 of L and c contains char 3 to 4 of L\
     and c contains char 5 to 6 of L and c contains char 7 to 8 of L\
     and c contains char 9 to 10 of L then
       put L & CR after o
     end if
   end repeat
   put the milliseconds -t into t
   put o into fld "Output"
   put "time=" & t && "msecs" after fld "Output"

Cheers,
Glenn

--
Glenn E. Fisher	University of Houston - Retired
22402 Diane Dr.	Spring, Tx 77373