XMLRPC & Authentication

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 05:56:25 EDT 2005

--- david bovill <david at openpartnership.net> wrote:
> Looking into sending xmlrpc calls that require basic
> http
> authentication... any ideas as it is not documented
> in the xmlrpc
> create request, but is AFAIK part of the libUrl
> stack... just can't
> find any docs at the moment...

Hi David,

While you can follow Andre's suggestion to do it
directly, it is an excellent enhancement request, and
I suggest you feed it to bugzilla so it can be picked
up ine of the next releases of Revolution.

The way the current library works, you cannot set your
own httpHeaders and then call revXMLRPC_Execute, as
this replaces the httpHeaders with a set of its own
before calling the web service.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution