[Slightly OT] Ransomware as a Model for Rev Toolmaking?

Jim Bufalini yoursignup at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 00:45:53 EDT 2005

Sounds like Capitalism (raising money, investors, etc.) with a Communist
ending. :-) Except for  the *donation to a charity* part (people who put up
money, should get it returned, if no tool is produced, so that they can put
that same money towards another project, that is close to threshold) it
sounds interesting...

For example, I just requested a quote from someone to produce what's called
a Browser Helper Object (BHO) external for Rev. The price was a little steep
for me at this time, but if there were several people who could use this
now, and were willing to share the development cost, I certainly wouldn't
mind if it were released to the entire community on completion.

Seems like a way to get what you need now and make it available to others,
who may not have an immediate need, but may have in the future.

If you have no clue as to what a BHO is, you can see the definition here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_Helper_Object.

Jim