embed/install font

Bob Earp rjearp at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:06:51 EDT 2005

I need this BIG time, and it mnay be a show stopper form me moving a whole
mess of customers form ToolBook (where this isa breeze to do) to Rev.  At
RevConWest Andre Garcia said that he thought he had a way of doing this by
using a custom property to store the font, but I haven't heard from him
since then.

Bob Earp - White Rock, BC.
I remember the days long ago in Hypercard where you could install a
font as a resource in a stack, and it 'just worked', even though we
were warned not to for some reason.
sqb

>I'm creating a presentation and I need to be sure the user has access to a
>Unicode font. I'd like to standardize on Bitstream's Vera font, which is
>free and very good.
>
>1) Is there any way to access the font dynamically without installing it on
>the user's system? A while ago there was a thread "Own fontsuite with
>standalone?" Several authors referenced the EXT.dll as a way to dynamically
>access fonts on the PC. How is this done? Has anyone successfully employed
>this technique?
>
>2) If I can't access it dynamically, how do I install it? I purchased
>InstallGadget, but that currently doesn't update the Windows registry upon
>installation.
>
>Any ideas on how to address this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Brad

to offer.
first two months FREE*.