Third party Patch Manager

Jim Bufalini yoursignup at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 10:17:19 EDT 2005

Eric,

The idea is: You upload your patch to some Rev WebPage, ,just as you would
upload it to your own Website or to RevOnline, or to your own user space.
Initially, it shows up as *Not reviewed, use at your own risk.* List users
(i.e. developers - please don't limit to some financial consideration - as
in, did you buy our latest update pack, with such and such included?), at
that point, can choose to download the patch, and apply it, just as they do
now.

The only difference is, when someone at Runrev gets around to it, they look
at your patch and add commentary. The advantage is, all the Third Party
patches are in *one* place! And, it gives  Rev the convenience of reviewing
all Third Party Patches in *one* place. And, it gives developers *one* place
to go to find all the Third Party patches and determine what they need to
*apply* to do upgrade to a new version.

Fear of loss is a major motivating factor. If someone fears they may loose
something, even minor, by upgrading, they won't do it.

You don't need to *do more.* It's actually a *do less,* as I see that many
messages on the list server are to the effect of, *Where can I find...?*

Jim