[ANN] Patch Stack for App Browser 2.5.1 and 2.6

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jul 15 06:06:59 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I you have followed the thread "App Browser Woes....." on this list,
you know the facts:

> How come when I change something in my stack, like the layer number
> or the object name etc. It doesn't change in the App Browser Window?

And my answer:

To be precise, the problem came in with Rev 2.5.1. (no problem with
prior versions)
In order to save time, runRev guys imagined to keep the current
controls list into a cache (good idea) and refresh this list only
when a control is deleted or added (very bad idea).

Here is a patch stack to correct the devastating side effects ;-)
Just run the line below in the message box:

go url "http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/downloads/App%20Browser%
20Patch.rev"

"In topic" and as a reminder, you will find below a short
specification of my Objects Picker plugin you can download from my
website:

Objects Picker makes it possible to edit properties and scripts in
one click.
It also offers dozens of powerful functions like the graphical
reorganization of layers or the moving of objects, copying and
pasting of properties or styles, the incremental denomination of
objects, the management of profiles, and improved script edition, the
bookmarking of objects as well as other functions...
Objects Picker fits in well with Revolution IDE: it uses objects
lists as in Rev Application Browser and uses the same shortcuts you
specified for it as well it takes care of Revolution UI Elements In
Lists preference.
In a word, Objects Picker uses contextual menus to perform varied
(and what are sometimes boring :-) actions, all at once, with just
one mouse-click, on multiple objects: features are derived directly
from programming experience and will help you save a lot of time when
you are developing.
Note that this heavy plugin (850 KB zip archive, 1.9 MB on disk) is
the only one which is not free but you will get yours money's worth
(€ 12 :-)

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software