Function not functioning ?!

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jul 14 20:34:06 EDT 2005

Muaadh Salih wrote:

>Many thanks for the generous help from the list. We intend to migrate from hypercard to Rev. and port All our Language learning material to rev.
>However I found the following simple funtion returns an unexpected result in Rev..
>
> Funtion plural count,textw
>if count <>1 then put "s" after textw
>if count =0 then put "no" into count
>return count && tetxw

should be textw - not tetxw - in the return statement
I don't know if that's a typo from creating the email - or a typo in
creating the Rev script.
If it's the latter, then that's the solution; if the former, then I
don't know (yet).

>calling the funtion ,say,
>answer plural (4, "car")
>returns 4s ( i.e. textw  is empty) in
>revolution
>while  it works perfectly in HC ie, (4, cars)
>
>did I miss anything ?
>p.s I am using ver 2.6 on Xp
>much appriciated your help

I hope that helped - if not, could you please cut/paste the script
directly into the email to make sure we have no typo errors to confuse
things.
Thanks,