help with loading audio clips into a stack

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Thu Jul 14 17:06:26 EDT 2005

Hi Jon,

There's only one way to do it that I'm aware of.  Save the audio
files as binary data in custom properties of the stack.  Then,
because the player requires a file path/url, you have to temporarily
write the data to disk, set the player's filename to that file, then
play it and delete the file when it's done.  There's really no other
way.  I actually do this in my company's application, and it works
quite well.

The thing that stinks is that if those audio files are large, that
could be a big stack, and that's going to use more memory.  But maybe
that's not really an issue.

Chris

On Jul 14, 2005, at 2:44 PM, Jon wrote:

> Ban and I finally managed to get a player he likes, but the way I
> did it, the audio clips have to reside on the hard drive.  As you
> can read below, Ban wants the audio data to be stored inside the
> stack, so users can't clone it.
>
> The problem is that I don't know how to "suck" an audio clip into a
> stack and then tell the player to play it back.
>
> Can anyone else help Ban?
>
> :)
>
> Jon

Chris Sheffield