Search/Replace Strange Behavior

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Thu Jul 14 14:58:23 EDT 2005

I just had a strange behavior I wonder if anyone can explain.  I have
a card with 3 fields containing many pages of narrative text.  They
are extensively formatted with linked text, colors, etc.  I used the
search and replace to change occurrences of two spaces (I learned to
type long ago on manual typewriters and can't shake the habit) to
only one space.   I just typed in two spaces in the find field, and
one in the replace field.  I limited the find/replace function to
field text.  I pressed replace, and all formatting was lost on all
three fields.  Is this a bug, or a feature?  I certainly didn't
expect it.

Mark