1st time Revolution user question

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Jul 14 14:47:56 EDT 2005

Alcy,

Welcome to the list.

On Jul 14, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Alcy wrote:

> thanks for answering
> I have purchased Altbrowser and like it. Is there a program similar
> for sending and receiving emails?
> I want the stack to be able to send and receive emails directly -
> I guess it must not be the first person to ask and there must be
> some source codes of functions sending/receiving emails in Linux
> that have been adapted to Revolution..

<snip>

As I recall, list member Andre Garcia wrote a stack that would do
this. Go to RevOnline and look for user soapdog.

Another alternative that ought to work very well would be to post
your email message to a PHP document on a web server and use the PHP
mail command to do the actual sending. The drawback, of course, is
that you'd have to write a little php and have access to a web server
that could host the script, not to mention an smtp server that would
accept the message for sending. However, it's very simple to write,
and Rev talks nicely with web-based resources like this.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University