Text Hyperlink

Douglas Gilliland douggilliland at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:04:26 EDT 2005

How can I select a word in a scrolling text field and assign it
actions? I have been placing transparent buttons over text in
non-scrolling fields- works great but won't work for scrolling fields.
Searched the documentation and Dan's book but no answers. Tried
selecting the text and using link (hoping for a hyperlink) but that
looks like it is more for grouping text.

I know this is a simple question (as all questions are when you know
the answer) but being a newbe who authored in HyperStudio for years, I
can't figure it out.

I do appreciate all the advice I have received in previous posts.
Doug Gilliland
Sarasota, FL