Script local

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 14 12:38:06 EDT 2005

On Jul 14, 2005, at 10:24 AM, Muaadh salih wrote:

> A script -local ( as I expect it ) is shared by the script  elements (
> button, field ...)
> I could not find any reference to it in the dictionary or any other
> documentation .

This is mentioned in the dictionary entry for 'local' in 2.5.1 and I
think other versions.

A script-local variable has scope everywhere in the script after the
line that declares it.  I put mine at the top of the script or at the
top of the script section where it applies.

If you put it at the top, then every handler in the script will see it,
but handlers in other scripts will not.

Dar Scott

     DSC (Dar Scott Consulting & Dar's Lab)
     http://www.swcp.com/dsc/