play videoClip "nameOfVideo" does not work, Please help

Ban Nguyen bann at sunncomm.com
Tue Jul 12 11:57:23 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of J. Landman
Gay
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 8:33 AM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: play videoClip "nameOfVideo" does not work, Please help

On 7/12/05 9:09 AM, Devin Asay wrote:

> If you did not import the clip, but are trying to play it as an
> external file, you must specify the entire file path, like this:

As long as we're talking about videoclips, is there a way to store a QT
movie as an imported file in a stack, but still set a player to use it?
I know I can write the movie to disk temporarily and play it from there,

but it would be cleaner if I could just refer to it in the stack. Using
the "play" command to run it doesn't give enough control, I need to use
a player object.

-----  Could you  give an example how to use the player object?  I did
imported the moive (MENTORS.wmv) into the stack (videoClips)

----- Does it play .wmv movie?
This is what I did:
I create a button and put this code in there
on mouseUp
   play videoClip "MENTORS.wmv" at 100,100
end mouseUp

I didnot not work. What did I do wrong?  Please help