select previous and next clickline

David Squance dsquance at elkvalley.net
Mon Jul 11 17:19:48 EDT 2005

Ban Nguyen wrote:

>Hello
>
>What command do you use to select the previous and next clickline in the
>scrolling list field.  Thank you

I think what you're looking for is 'word 2 of the clickline'. When you
evaluate 'the clickline' (eg type 'put the clickline' so that the msg
box opens and 'the clickline' appears in it), you will see 'line x of
field y' where x is the line number and y is the field number. Word 2 of
the click line is the line number, so your mouseup handler would need to
include a global variable to which word 2 of the clickline is assigned.
Then the previous button would subtract 1 from that variable and do
whatever to that line. Similarly, the next button would add 1 to the
variable.

I'm afraid I've lost your last post, so can't put example lines into
your script to illustrate, but hope this helps.
Dave