control and option keys not working on Tiger with 2.6?

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jul 10 20:03:31 EDT 2005

> I have for years used the following to toggle a field between a
> locked "hot link ready" state to an editable state:
>
> on mouseDown
>   if controlkey()="Down" then
>   set the locktext of the target to true
>   set the traversalOn of the target to false
>   choose browse tool
>   end if
> end mouseDown
> on mouseUp
> if optionkey()="Down" then
>   set the locktext of the target to false
>   set the traversalOn of the target to true
>   end if
> end mouseUp

Using Tiger (10.4.1) & Rev 2.6, I made a new stack, with nothing in
it except this card script:

on mouseDown
   if controlkey()="Down" then
     put "Down + control"
   else
     put "Down"
   end if
end mouseDown

on mouseUp
   if optionkey()="Down" then
     put "Up + option"
   else
     put "Up"
   end if
end mouseUp

It worked exactly as I expected, so i think you may have something
else causing your problem. Do you have any frontScripts that could be
intercepting the keys?

Sarah