control and option keys not working on Tiger with 2.6?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Jul 9 17:35:29 EDT 2005

I have for years used the following to toggle a field between a
locked "hot link ready" state to an editable state:

on mouseDown
   if controlkey()="Down" then
   set the locktext of the target to true
   set the traversalOn of the target to false
   choose browse tool
   end if
end mouseDown
on mouseUp
if optionkey()="Down" then
   set the locktext of the target to false
   set the traversalOn of the target to true
   end if
end mouseUp
on linkClicked tSubject
   findLinkedItems tSubject
   put  tSubject into gLastLink
end linkClicked

It's not working now on TIGER, 2.6  I have a bluetooth Keyboard
installed, but even it I do it form the real keyboard on my
PowerBook, it still fails: symptom.. nothing happens..

Can anyone confirm?

Sivakatirswami