documentation mini-bug

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jul 9 14:15:03 EDT 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:

> My problem is that Revzilla/Bugzilla is a user interface nightmare
> that more often than not confuses me more than the bug I'm trying to
> report. So I'd say that unless I find a bug that's really severe, I
> find a way to work around it, post something here and get on with my
> programming life.

I have at least twice started to enter a Bugzilla and just given up (I
went back the next day when I had more time to spare, and did them then
- but it was a close call).

Most annoying thing is the difficulty of choosing a component - it
always amazes me how many components there are, and *still* there isn't
any obvious one to assign to the bug I'm reporting.

The "Post bug" card on Revzilla looks pretty clean - I'll use that next
time I have a bug to submit and see how it works.

> So, Jon, you're not entirely wrong here. From off-list communications
> we have had I know you are a serious developer (Mark was probably
> just in a bad mood; he's a genuinely nice guy) but one who doesn't
> (yet at least) have a passionate supportive feeling about Revolution.
> Hopefully you'll be able to find the time to develop such a feeling.

The case I find Bugzilla most overhead for  is documentation bugs, which
are often small and well-defined - no need for much description, you
just need to say
'"caseSensitive" has been omitted from the "See also" section of the
"sort container "command'
and everything else is just overhead.  I've taken to "reporting" these
via Web Notes, on the assumption that anything reported in there will be
rolled into the next release of the docs.