Making an image draggable

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sat Jul 9 10:43:40 EDT 2005

Douglas Gilliland wrote:
> I know it must be easy but I cannot figure out the script to make an
> image of a metric ruler draggable so my students can drag it around
> the screen to measure items in a quiz stack I am writing.

You could try the following...

1.  Create a separate stack.
2.  Place the "ruler.jpg" image on the stack.
3.  Resize the stack so it is the same dimensions as the image.
4.  Set the windowDecorations to empty
5.  Add the following to the stack's script...

local sgDragging
local sgOffset

on mouseDown
   put true into sgDragging
   put the mouseLoc into sgOffset
end mouseDown

on mouseMove
   if sgDragging then
     set the topLeft of this stack to \
     item 1 of the screenMouseLoc - item 1 of sgOffset, \
     item 2 of the screenMouseLoc - item 2 of sgOffset
   end if
end mouseMove

on mouseUp
   put false into sgDragging