preserve vertical white space in XML?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Jul 9 01:50:20 EDT 2005

I always use extra line breaks in my XML docs and .XHTML docs... for
readability.

But, if you create an XML Tree from one of these, transform some data
in a node and then

put revXMLText(tCurrTree) into tNewFile

to get that data back out, Rev's XML libraries have wiped out all the
cr's.

What is interesting is that double cr's are preserved, singles are not

e.g

<node1>Revolutionaries</node1>
<node2>will make a better future</node2>
<here_is_why>

A brilliant rev advocacy essay

with many paragraphs

</here_is_why>

get returned as:

<node1>Revolutionaries</node1><node2>will make a better future</
node2><here_is_why>

A brilliant rev advocacy essay

with many paragraphs

</here_is_why>

Is there a way to preserve the single cr's in the original? Otherwise
I have to a) live with it b) open them in BBEdit and run a format
function to get them back to a readable state--each child node on
it's own line...

TIA

Sivakatirswami