mixed languages in a field? HTMLText problems

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jul 8 16:50:39 EDT 2005

Hi Curt,

Before struggling with unicode, you have to build right html first:
You set the htmlText of your field to a string which is not html but
in fact usual text.
For instance, tab in html is "	" and "tab" in html is only a text
string...
In order to understand how translation can be made between html and
usual text, you might be interested by downloading my Encoded Text
Picker free plugin from my web-site (address below).
It will allow you to translate any text from and to html
automatically and then understand how to build your code properly :-)
Take heart!

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software