fonts & styles

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jul 8 11:43:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

Just an addendum to my last post to be clear:

Create a new stack and a field.
Type anything in it.
Select any word and check its font in the Text menu: it's the owner's
font.
Set the style of this word to bold (or change its size, etc.)
Check the font in the Text menu: it's no longer the owner's font but
now it's the *effective* owner's font which appear check-marked.

May be Ken (if you hear me :-) could provide some regex to strip the
font tags when they are specifying the owner's font in the html text?
Would be a solution?

Le 8 juil. 05 à 17:32, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

> Hi Charles,
>
> Rev has a weird behaviour we discussed on this list a long time ago:
> If the font is the owner's font and the size the owner's size ,
> there are no problem.
> But once you have changed the size or the style of such a chunk,
> the font of this chunk is no longer the owner's font (empty) but
> the *effective* owner's font.
> If I remember correctly, this is not a bug but falls within a
> runRev choice that we do regret.
>
> Le 8 juil. 05 à 17:00, Charles Hartman a écrit :
>

>> I have fields containing a lot of text, mostly in "owner's font,"
>> "plain," but with some pieces in a specified font and other pieces
>> in styles bold, link, etc.
>>
>> When I change the owner's font (in this case, the main stack's),
>> the changes in the text on the cards' fields are inconsistent.
>>
>> In particular, every time there's a style change (into & out of
>> bold for example, link, etc), a "font" tag gets inserted, hard-
>> wiring whatever the owner's font *was* at the time the text was
>> edited. So the next time the owner's font changes, it affects
>> everything *up to* that style change, but after that the old font
>> is wired in place.
>>
>> I"m editing the text in the Contents pane of the Inspector. Doing
>> this in the Encoded Text Picker doesn't seem to help. It must be
>> behavior in the Rev engine I suppse.
>>
>> I'm not able to think of a way not to call this a serious bug. Is
>> there a workaround?? Am I missing something basic?
>>

> Best Regards from Paris,
>
> Eric Chatonet.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.