fonts & styles

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Fri Jul 8 11:42:07 EDT 2005

I'm afraid I can't see how to call it not a bug.

Let me put it another way. If I want all text in a field that doesn't
have a specified font to be in the owner's font -- isn't that the
whole idea of inheritance? -- then why should that _font_ setup be
overridden by a _style_ setting? That is, why would Rev insist on
inserting a <font> tag in the htmlText rather than using the for
example <a> and </a> tags and leaving the font alone? (Linking font
and size makes sense, I think; linking font and style doesn't.)

Isn't this problem going to arise with any stack that's meant to run
on more than one platform, for example?

Or to put it yet another way: don't mean to be obstreperous, but how
to I work around this "feature"?

Charles Hartman