mark cards by finding -- a problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 7 18:46:44 EDT 2005

On 7/7/05 5:34 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:

 > It's hard to imagine why
 >
 > find <whatever> in <some container>
 >
 > would work, but --
 >
 > mark cards by finding <theSameThing> in <theSameContainer>
 >
 > -- wouldn't work.
 >
 > It's even harder to imagine why the "mark cards by finding..." command
 > would work right in one script, or stack, but not another.

It could be some text anomaly. I'd suspect an invisible leading
character in front of the patient name in the field or something like
that. "Find" only finds the beginnings of words, "find string" finds the
string anywhere. So if "find string" works, then there must be a
non-matching character at the front of one of the words.

I know this doesn't make sense if "find" works okay without marking, but
it is something to check anyway.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com