Programming multi line selections

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jul 6 17:05:49 EDT 2005

Hi Rob,

When you select a line in a repeat loop, only the last found line
will appear selected :-)
Try to parse the lines by number and set the hilitedLines at the end:

   put 0 into LineNo
   repeat for each line peptide in card field "audit"
   add 1 to LineNo
   if char -1 of peptide = "K" then put LineNo & comma after
tHilitedLines
  end repeat
  delete char -1 of tHilitedLines
  set the hilitedLines of field "audit" to tHilitedLines

Le 6 juil. 05 à 22:53, Rob Beynon a écrit :

> I have a small problem that is driving me nuts..
>
> I have a series of lines in a field, and I want to program the
> selection of those lines according to the last character of the
> line...I wrote a button script thus...
>
> on mouseUp
>   select empty
>   put 0 into LineNo
>   repeat for each line peptide in card field "audit"
>   add 1 to LineNo
>   if char(length(peptide)-1) of peptide = "K" then select line
> LineNo of field "audit"
>  end repeat
> end mouseUp
>

> I've also tried setting the selected of line lineNo to true
> and setting the hilitedLine to lineNo

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software