Embedded fonts

Robert J. Earp bob.earp at ashford.ca
Wed Jul 6 14:06:54 EDT 2005

Welcome back Andre !!
It was nice meeting you in Monterey and I'm happy you and your new PB
had a great time in Hawaii, although visions of you twirling poi in a
grass skirt are a bit scary ;-)

We spoke about the ability to embed fonts into runtime stacks and you
said you thought it could be done.  Have you had any more thoughts on
the subject ?

As an encouragement to Kevin & Co. to help support you with something
meaningful, embedding fonts is absolutely essential for us to distribute
multi media projects without having the hassle of loaders.  We use
custom fonts for a whole variety of purposes, a lot of the time not even
to display words (simulation/animation of technical stuff), plus there
is a very easy way to do this with the competition (TB) that actually
has a not too bad interface!!

Oh yes, and for the copyright issue, somehow TB takes a look at the
font  properties to see if it is legally copyable before allowing it to
be embedded.

I can send you a sample screen shot of the TB interface if you'd like.

best, Bob...
--
Robert J. Earp - Ashford Training Technologies*
*18059 21A Avenue, South Surrey, British Columbia, Canada. V3S 9V7