cgi trouble

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Wed Jul 6 11:13:58 EDT 2005

Excited--just got my first rev cgi 'thing' up and running
Sad--problems arise

I keep getting 404 errors "requested resource not found".

Here's the situation:

call cgi-> it starts a stack and gets a html form with a prompt
enter some info and press "submit" -> it sends the info to the same cgi script...and then trouble. I've played with the scipt for long enough trying to debug it. Here's my last attempt. It doesn't even try to use the rev stack, just put out the info.

#!revolution

on startup
 read from stdin until empty --I tried with "get" first.
 put it after tparam
 put "Password_trial.rev" into theStack
 start using theStack
 set the defaultstack to theStack
 if tparam is not empty then
  put the the passlog of stack theStack into x
  put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr & cr & x & cr & tparam into tResult
 else
  put makepass() into tResult --this works, creates a form.
 end if
 put tResult
end startup

any suggestions would be most appreciated!
tom