PDFs in QT Player -- Hot Links Challenge

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Jul 6 10:58:47 EDT 2005

> Aiyo! (Lamentations)
>
> Windows won't play PDFs in QT...
>
> Richard: did that windows machine have QT 7 for Windows loaded?
>
> I'm sure you know this already but Apple just released QT with H.264
> format capabilities for Windows just a few weeks ago... so I just
> wanted to check if this was happening in the latest QT,
>
> Dan: in the top of the open dialog box when clicking the browse
> button in a Rev QT Player, it defaults to "QuickTime Movie",  just
> choose "All Files"  and then the PDF files will be available as a
> file choice (OSX).
>
> But the "not on Windows"  really a show stopper for this project.  We
> will call our friends at Apple tomorrow and beg!
>
> Sivakatirswami

Since you probably don't need to edit the PDF, you can use the shareware
Ghostscript to convert a PDF via command-line to a displayable GIF, JPG,
PNG or other raster format that Revolution will accept.

The syntax is like so:

gswin32c.exe -sDEVICE=png16 -r72 -sOutputFile=MyOutput.png MyInput.pdf

And of course you can do this with Rev's shell capability, then load the
resulting image for display.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com