Voice command

Michael Young m.young at mac.com
Wed Jul 6 10:57:40 EDT 2005

Paul,

The question "Does Rev have any kind of voice command where I could
speak into mic and the spoken words will print in a text box?" sounds
like you are asking RR to do voice recognition. IMHO, it is unrealistic
to expect RR to have voice recognition capability. I mean as best as I
can tell even IBM gave up on VR on the desktop.

Dragon Pro used to be cross platform, but it is not currently.
http://www.dragonsys.com/
http://knowledgebase.scansoft.com/view.asp?tnID=4959&sQuery=macintosh

IBM ViaVoice is still available on Macintosh in addition to Windows,
but when I have tried to move voice files between Macintosh and Windows
it has not worked. So VV is not really cross platform. Plus VV does not
appear to be actively developed since IBM dumped VV off to Scansoft
that long ago bought Dragon Systems.
http://www.dragonsys.com/viavoice/

iListen is a Macintosh only product
http://www.macspeech.com/
, by a Mac only company.
http://www.macspeech.com/company/

However I have grave doubts about the long term viability of MacSpeech
and iListen, since they have been hinting/promising/etc. for several
years that they will develop medical, legal and etc. vocabularies
(needed to improve VR out of the box) and it has not happened.
http://macspeech.crmhelp.net/index.php?
_a=knowledgebase&_j=rate&_i=56&type=yes
http://macspeech.crmhelp.net/index.php?
_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=56

OTOH, MacSpeech does keep developing add-on products for more main
stream applications so there still may be hope. :-)
http://macspeech.crmhelp.net/index.php?
_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=82&nav=+%26gt%3B+%3Ca+href%3D%27i
ndex.php%3F_a%3Dknowledgebase%26_j%3Dsubcat%26_i%3D1%27%3EPre%2FPost+Sal
es+Questions%3C%2Fa%3E
http://www.macspeech.com/store/default.php?
cPath=3&osCsid_private=d47e7d12c82ca38df389633404b73248

HTH,

Michael

On Jul 6, 2005, at 6:53 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com