Voice command

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 03:44:41 EDT 2005

Paul,

Look at the speakable commands.
Not only are a file, a Finder command, (and more) speakable, but
Applescripts can be run by command.  This would mean that many complex
operations are possible for interacting with a Rev stack.

If you turn on Speakable Items, two of the applescripts used are
"Minimize all windows" & "Show all windows" for the Finder

Double click on the file icons in folder "Speakable Items" in a Finder
window and you will see the Script Editor open.  Now add that Rev can "hear"
the tell commands and send shell commands, and this might get part of what
you want.

This is not a dictation software.
One example I use is "Menu" spoken invokes the following Keyboard Shortcut
found in System Preferences .. Focus on Menu as ctrl-F2
Receipe :
Open System Prefs->Keyboard&Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts
Turn off Focus on Menu ctrl F2
-1- speak "Define a keyboard command"
-2- type ctrl-F2
-3- type the word "menu"
-4- click OK
Turn on Focus on Menu again if you want to use this
Now speaking 'menu' will focus on the menu, allowing arrow keys, tab, home,
end, pgup, pgdn to navigate the menu

Jim Ault
Las Vegas