CocoaMySQL -- was : How do I make simple multiple user access app?

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Tue Jul 5 21:40:04 EDT 2005

Having spent the last few days finally getting mySQL to work here,
from the research that I did over the last days, the problem with all
of these things, Rev, CocoaMySQL, YourSQL, etc. all may have related
to the major change that mySQL did with how it hashes passwords with
version 4.1.  If you set up passwords under a post 4.1 server setup
but were using a pre 4.1 client (such as Rev), it won't connect.  The
solution that has been suggested here (resetting the passwords using
SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('mypass');
should fix the problem for all these clients.  Having done this
(reset my passwords for the old hashing), Rev is working as is
CocoaMySQL (I don't know whether there is a password problem with the
latter or not; I fixed my passwords before trying it and now at least
it is working fine under Tiger.

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at charter.net

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"