Scripting conference Groups stack uploaded

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Jul 5 00:02:23 EDT 2005

On 05/07/2005, at 1:01 PM, Jim Bufalini wrote:

> Gives me 7/9/05 6:00 AM, which is the correct Hawaii Standard Time
> (HST) for
> 12:00 PM EST. Now the question is, will this match EST in the
> winter when
> most of the US switches to Daylight Savings and we don't.
>
> Jim

I think it will still show your correct time, with or without
daylight savings. Certainly when I was sending data across time zones
using the seconds, I had to apply 2 fixes: one for the time zone and
another for daylight savings.

Altering Jacque's script for international systems:
    get "1120924800";convert it to short system date and time;put it

Unfortunately, it still gives me a time of 2 am :-(

Sarah