path to the stack?

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Jul 4 21:12:26 EDT 2005

I'm trying to create a text file that will be the prefs file for a
standalone. I'm running this script on a development stack under rev
2.6 on Mac OS X 10.4.x and getting nothing back:

put the filename of this stack into thePath

thePath stays empty after that runs.

My plan was to take this absolute path, replace the name of the stack
with the name of my prefs file, and then store the prefs file in the
same directory as the stack so that under all platforms it would be
stored in a known location. This script above is almost exactly taken
word for word from the example in the documentation shown below.

put the filename of stack "My Main" into thePath

1. Why isn't this working?
2. Does anyone have a sample script for putting a prefs file in a
known location that does work that I could use?
3. Will I need to watch out for a path that is inside the package
contents for the standalone (if I get that far in my coding)?

Thanks in advance
Kee Nethery