compileIt for revolution?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jul 4 16:10:30 EDT 2005

Malte Brill wrote:

> I got a question: Is the goal only to add the charToNum values for
> Red,Green and blue for each pixel? I´m not sure If I understand the
> original script correctly. If so there is a very speedy alternative.
> If not could you please explain in a few words of pseudo code what the
> script needs to do?

Goal is to create a histogram of total pixel values
i.e.

repeat with i = 1 to 768
   put 0 into histogram[i]
end repeat
repeat for each pixel P in img "image"
    add 1 to histogram[P.red + P.green + P.blue]
end repeat

The *real* goal is to then create a translation table which linearizes
these values, and then revisit them doing

repeat for each pixel P in img "image"
    put translation(P.red, P.green, P.blue]) into P
end repeat