making my first video game

Nicolas Cueto nicolas_cueto at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 10:37:18 EDT 2005

Derek Bump offered:

> That's a lot of script to process.  Say 1 ship, 1 to 50 shots, 10 Alien
> Crafts and don't
> forget the powerups, upgrades and scrolling background.

Oh, I'm not aiming to make a space invaders game. What
I'm after is a space invaders-like feature, namely, multiple
shots. And only 1 to 10 shots, 5 Alien crafts (actually,
phonemes falling from the sky), and no powerups, upgrades
nor scrolling background. That'd be way over my meager
scripting abilities!

Thanks, too, for the reference to the Edge Detection stack.
Actually, for the "alien crafts", I'm thinking of copying
Tuviah Snyder's idea of using round buttons with a thick
border. Kind of looks like a space ship.

> I hope that you can prove my theory wrong...so Good Luck!!

Not much chance of that. So, let's hope for someone else.

Cheers,
Nicolas Cueto