resume rev backdrop on top bug?

Jim Bufalini yoursignup at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 00:49:11 EDT 2005

Tom,

I agree, the backdrop in the IDE falls into the category of an annoyance.

However, there is something that happened to me twice recently that would
only take a few lines of code in the IDE to change and I think is much more
important. There is no confirm, on delete of objects.

Twice I had a group of objects selected, with settings, positioning and
script. I thought I had clicked into an email and hit the delete key.
Unfortunately, the Rev IDE was still the active window and poof everything
was gone. And, as we all know, there is no Undo (at least not that I'm aware
of in 2.51). Anyone have an Undo?

But, a simple "Are you sure you want to delete the selected objects?" would
have been most welcome! Of course, I would love a real Undo, where anything
you have done back XX number of  steps can be undone. But, knowing what it
takes to program this, I'm not even going to suggest it. But, a confirm on
delete, would be nice.

On further reflection, I suppose I could write my own on rawKeyDown handler
that traps the Delete Key, and make sure it's in every stack. But, something
like this really needs to be in the IDE, itself.

Jim