Dreamcard Spell Check

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 1 23:14:53 EDT 2005

Doug there was a discussion a little while ago on the list about spell
checkers. Search the google with spell checker and you should turn up a
couple of freebies.

Here is the link that I use:

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:lists.runrev.com

It will produce 45 results about spell checkers. Here is a couple of
answers from the results:

Spell Catcher X by Cassidy & Green. It works very well w Rev.
Here's the URL:
http://www.casadyg.com/

AND

You might check out something like this:
http://www.nist.gov/dads/HTML/doubleMetaphone.html

There are other similar algorithms also, but basically it would allow
you to make phonetic matches.
You might also look at some of the links here:
http://aspell.sourceforge.net/

And here is another link to spell checker friendly word lists:
http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/

HTH

Tom

On Jul 1, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Douglas Gilliland wrote:

> I'm new to Revolution and can't find a spell check built into the
> program. Any suggestions other than purchasing a spell check program?
> I'm working on a G4 PowerBook, and Tiger's  built-in spell check
> doesn't work.
> Thanks,
> Doug Gilliland

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems