Protecting QT via callbacks?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 1 23:13:29 EDT 2005

I need to ship a CD with a number of QuickTime movie files, and the
client would like to find a way to protect the files if possible.

Since wired sprites seem to have a lot of capability and we have
callbacks in Rev, I'm wondering if we could add a sprite track to the
movie which makes a callback to the player (Rev) and expects a specific
value to be returned; if the movie doesn't get the expected value it
assumes it's running outside of our player and stops playing.

Am I dreaming?  Is this doable?

I have GoLive (which has some cool wired sprite editing built in) and I
can get LiveStagePro if needed.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer -

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation