compileIt for revolution?

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Fri Jul 1 16:03:36 EDT 2005

Alex:

An excellent post, explaining the theory, showing actual results, and
summarizing pros and cons.  Thank you!

Jon

===

Jon wrote:

Let's put it differently.  My real interest is in seeing how to optimize
Rev code to access arrays in general, and image data in specific, as
rapidly as possible.

Alex wrote:

<snip>

So the big message for image processing is - don't access it as an
array, access it as chars in a variable.

<snip>

Although I didn't complete it, I believe this technique applied
throughout your example would reduce the overall time for this photo of
mine from around 55 seconds to 10 or 12 seconds.But the cost is some
ugly, barely maintainable code, and it's still beyond the stretch of
what a user would be willing to wait for a simple transformation to be
done.