Dreamcard under simple user

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Mon Jan 31 15:00:48 EST 2005

Hi Scott,

Not sure if you got an answer to this yet or not, as I'm a little late in
reading it.  But the problem is that the Dreamcard application does not have
an entry for CFBundleIndentifier in the info.plist file in the app bundle.
This has been fixed for a future release (see but #2232).  You can add this
manually to your info.plist file using the Property List Editor in the Mac
OS X developer tools (or even just a regular XML editor I believe; someone
correct me if I'm wrong on this).  Basically what you have to do is add the
entry for "CFBundleIdentifier" and assign it some unique value.

You might just take a look at some other app bundles on your system to get
an idea of what I'm talking about.  That's probably the easiest way.  Just
open the bundle for Safari, for example, then open the info.plist file in
Property List Editor and take a look at the value for CFBundleIdentifier to
get an idea of what to set the Dreamcard one to.  Once you've made the
change in the Dreamcard bundle, I believe it requires a reboot of the
machine before that gets recognized.  Then you should be able to make your
app privilege settings like normal.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you need further details.

Chris Sheffield
Software Development
Read Naturally