How to paint a background and place graphics on top of if?

Thomas Gutzmann thomas.gutzmann at gutzmann.com
Mon Jan 31 01:45:32 EST 2005

Hi Sarah and Ben,

ok, I wasn't very clear:

- I want to PAINT, not DRAW by script; using graphics is not possible
because there would be too many objects, making scrolling and dragging
too slow, so I want to create a "background" picture instead. I don't
find out how use the paint tools in  a script.

- at times I want to repaint portions of the picture (because I don't
have graphic objects); it would be easy if I had soemthing like a
cliptrect which helps me limit the painting to just that portion.

The second is not so essential because I can replace cliptrect with a
bit of thinking. But the painting thing is a pure mystery to me, still.

Cheers,

Thomas G.