Success with Sending email without a SMTP Server!!!!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 30 17:47:35 EST 2005

On 1/30/05 4:39 PM, David Vaughan wrote:

> On 31/01/2005, at 9:13, Andre Garzia <soapdog at mac.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Well folks the stack is available under my username "soapdog" at
>> revOnline or thru http://www.soapdog.org/rev/smtpraw.rev   sorry I put
>> a space in the file name....
>

> Andre,
>
> I tested sending to a .mac address and got this error in the log:
> "Server was offended by our HELO message"
>
> I am behind a corporate firewall at the moment and suspecting it might
> have interfered. Does this seem likely?

I just sent Andre a test message, and he is at a .mac address so it does
seem to work. I had to try several times before the script would get the
mx record but then it went through okay.

It's pretty cool. I think it would be suitable for embedding into my own
software for users to send me feedback. I'd probably hide or disguise my
email address in a password-protected stack so the user can't pass it
around. Otherwise it seems fairly safe to me. The down side is that
possibly not all servers will work with it; we'd need more testing to know.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com