Success with Sending email without a SMTP Server!!!!

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Jan 30 15:18:08 EST 2005

Dan et al,

I am most pleased to announce that we can send email from Rev in pure
transcript without a need for SMTP Server or email account. I just
create a stack that will show how to do it. You can fetch the
destination email, for example dan at shafermedia.com, then ask the DNS
server for a SMTP Server that is responsible for that email, then talk
directly with that server. Meaning the only thing you need is the
destination email, revolution will take care of the rest, it will work
on windows, macs, linux whatever...

The stack uses Shao Sean getMXRecords stack and it's good to use with
her libEmail as well!

I am now putting some error checking routines! the code is dead ugly, I
just nested tons of ifs....

Is this good enought for a crazy Brazilian?

Andre
--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL