Unicode on Windows

duane poncy tsalagi at elohigadugi.org
Sat Jan 29 12:47:44 EST 2005

I am having a problem with unicode on the Windows platform,
and it is driving me nuts.

I develop my Cherokee dictionary on Mac OSX.  I use a
unicode Cherokee font for the Cherokee syllabary. It works
fine on my OSX builds, but in my Windows standalones, only
the first word shows up in the Cherokee font. Subsequent
words show up as outlined boxes.  Also, when I use words in
the Cherokee font mixed with regular English words, the
Cherokee words again show up as black boxes.

Does anyone know why only the first word is displaying
correctly?

I'm stumped.

Duane Poncy

visit elohi gadugi: poetry, software,
Cherokee culture and Native American rights.
http://elohigadugi.org/