Getting up-to-date w/ RunRev 1.1.1 and Mac OS X Panther

WillAdams at aol.com WillAdams at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 09:47:40 EST 2005

In a message dated 05-1-29 12:57:52 AM, bvlahos at mac.com writes:

> This was a problem with 1.1.1 that was never fixed. It IS a native app
> (CARBON vs. Cocoa) but is misidentified as a classic app. Panther seems
> to be more strict at taking the application at its word. There was some
> discussion about this before and someone gave the fix which correctly
> identifies the application but I don't remember what it was.
>
> Obviously this is corrected on more recent versions of Revolution.

Thanks! Don't know how I didn't find this before.

Re: Rev 1.1 apps launching Classic on OS X 10.3
Ian Wood
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 06:16:46 -0800

With a bit of work (otherwise known as cheating), I've got Rev 1.1.1
standalones to work in Panther.

I opened up an existing OS X app package, replaced the icon and app files
with mine, then manually edited the Info.plist and InfoPlist.strings to point
towards the correct new filenames.

A bit of a long-winded process but it works. If other people would find it
useful I can put up a zipped copy of the .app with basic instructions on what to
change in the files.

So I'll look into doing that myself.

Thanks!

William