Getting User Email Settings

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Jan 28 11:36:04 EST 2005

You could also try setting up your own SMTP server and direct the mail
to that, if you have a public IP address or could somehow get one.  Or,
you could try to embed one in your app somehow...

There's a new one: there are embedded database engines, so why not
embedded SMTP servers?

Well, apparently the virus writers and spammers/bulk mailers have this
already:

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/alert/20041104.html
http://www.kingmailer.com/faq.asp
http://www.amailsender.com/massmailer/